Case Manager (full-time, 40 hours/wk.)
Location: Ellsworth / Hancock County
Application deadline: 12/8/19
The Case Manager is responsible for providing case management services to persons living with HIV and/or people who use injection drugs. The case manager shall work closely with persons diagnosed with HIV and people with a history of IV drug use to provide medical case management, adherence counseling and support services. This will include navigating healthcare, housing, and other systems to promote their clients’ overall health and well-being. Additionally, the Case Manager will support the provision of harm reduction services through HEAL’s Ellsworth location, including syringe exchange services, HIV/HCV testing services, and Naloxone distribution.
Please complete THIS FORM for consideration. Also send resume, a list of three professional references, and a cover letter describing your passion for our mission to:
Anthony Fischetti, Director of Operations
304 Hancock Street, Suite 3B
Bangor, ME 04401
This position is accountable to the Regional Manager based in Ellsworth and functions as part of the Mental Health and Case Management Team. The Case Manager must hold a bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology or Human Development. At least two years of relevant experience is preferred. Lived experience is valued and populations that have faced historic barriers to employment are encouraged to apply. The Case Manager’s duties are as follows:
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Targeted Case Management for People Who Use Drugs and People Living With HIV:
● Supports outreach to recruit new clients from among people who use drugs and people living with HIV.
● Provides Case Management services including intake and assessment of people living with HIV and people who use drugs for relevant programs.
● Coordinates benefits and care and makes referrals in satisfaction of client care plans.
● Advocates on behalf of clients with physicians, substance abuse counselors, housing authorities, and other appropriate agencies.
● Maintains and regularly updates client records; manages Medicaid eligibility and appropriate records.
● Ensures the confidentiality of all client records and transactions.
● Networks with churches, food pantries, hospice services, rehabilitation clinics, recovery centers, mental health agencies and other services.
● Reports incidents of neglect and abuse and oversees client grievance procedures.
Harm Reduction Services, HIV/HCV Testing:
● Provide Syringe Exchange and Narcan Distribution services.
● Provide safer drug use education to constituents including overdose prevention education.
● Provide HIV/HCV testing services and linkage to care.
● Provide referrals and link constituents to care and other services in pursuit of constituent health and well-being.
● Actively participates in all relevant teams and staff functions.
● Collects, maintains and generates reports as needed for relevant funders, the Downeast Regional Manager, and others.
● Assists in agency fundraising events.
● Obtains/maintains necessary certification(s) and professional development needed to perform all job functions
● Other duties as assigned by the Downeast Regional Manager.
Benefits and Salary:
Salary Band: $33,280 - $36,400
● 100% covered employee-only medical insurance plan
● 100% covered employee-only dental insurance plan
● 100% covered employee-only vision insurance plan
● 20 days sick/vacation time
● 14 paid holidays